- Lack of awareness of opportunities for energy conservation measures (ECM’s)
- Lack of technical expertise to implement ECM’s
- Lack of certainty that the estimated savings will actually be recognized
- Concern the Return on Investment (ROI) doesn’t meet the required minimum payback period
- Insufficient allocated capital
Tear Down the Barriers:
AWARENESS: Educate yourself on the energy savings opportunities in their buildings. Do a quick MEP study.
EXPERTISE: Offer to support your client as a Turnkey approach to implementing ECM’s.
CERTAINTY: Offer the use of a reputable and proven industry standard analysis techniques and offer testimonials.
ROI: Implement the “low hanging fruit” first. Also consider reduced maintenance cost, increased employee production, comfort, and rising energy costs.
CAPITAL: Utilize incentives, rebates, low interest loans and new tax structures.